Diagnostic and Analysis Phase
Duration: (Approximately 8 Weeks)
- Financial Benefit,
- Health Check of Management Systems, Structure, Risk and Safety,
- Training needs Assessment.
Financial Benefit via an economic model for the clients business
In this Phase both the client and En-Sync 8020 consultants will gather historic (preferably 3 years continuous) and current performance data and conduct a detailed analysis comparing the data to global best practice in terms of Efficiency, Safety and Economic factors.
For each of the following areas a process optimization model (POM) will be built based on agreed measurement criteria. Process maps will be produced describing and linking all the main industrial and auxiliary processes, then attach all relevant historical data including but not limited to working standards such as passports, norms, designed project limits and costs.
The following information will be seen as a result:
- A clear description of the technological processes and the identification of the system constraints and risks to attaining the production plan.
- Processes to be exploited for productivity and efficiency gains will be clearly recognized.
- Areas or processes that are either unnecessary or add cost or contribute little value will also be identified.
- The cost and productivity drivers by area to enable benchmarking against other similar processes and industries.
- A model that allows the objectives of any initiatives to be rated and prioritized in respect to having a positive influence on measures such as EBITDA The model will also a clear basis for the improvement initiatives to be measured against, providing an indication of financial potential for performance improvement, and where to focus time and effort productively.
Systems, Structure, Risk and Safety
The overall business system maturity will be performed to understand the current effectiveness of the business and different functions to understand how they perform as a whole integrated business unit. The assessment will include the assessment of the following key types of business effectiveness:
- Supply chain effectiveness to establish the presence of the functional systems and the maturity level of the functional systems (ranking from 1 level to 5 level for the most mature and consistence performance).
- Planning effectiveness to establish the quality of the planning process in various functions, the quality of any integrated plans, and a presence of short-term planning and scheduling of work activities.
- Organisational effectiveness to establish the cost-effectiveness of the organisational structure, gaps and compressions in the organizational structure, unclear accountabilities, unclear horizontal working relationships, the current quality of managerial leadership at various levels of the asset management.
- Resource effectiveness to establish the current level of Overall Labour Effectiveness, Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Overall Economic Effectiveness and the opportunities for first-step cost reduction.
- Risk Management effectiveness to establish the maturity level of risk management at the mine with an attention to people risk, process risk, strategic risk.
En-Sync 8020 will also make an assessment on the current Health and Safety systems and benchmark against existing requirements and best practices.
Our analysis will assess the current risk management processes with particular focus on hazard analysis, risk appraisal and safety management plans.
The form of assessment will focus on Risk and controls, process, people and health and safety system. This includes the structure, content and practical application of the existing systems and the safety regime support. We will also assess the safety accountabilities at each level in the organisation and how they are cascaded, communicated, and executed from the top of the organisation to the lowest level employee.
We will look to identify gaps in the systems and structure that may allow risk to increase and highlight inefficiencies in the interaction between Safety Strategy, Policy, System, Procedures and Tools
Where possible benchmarking data will be used for comparison purposes. In the event that benchmarking data is not appropriate to use or unavailable we will use a best proven practices or best observable practice to determine parameters for measurement.
There will usually be different levels of capability in an client team concerning how to implement organisational change efficiently. We will develop a training programme that considers the current capability of the implementation teams.
The objective of the training programme will be to educate to a standard that will enable the teams to execute continuous improvement projects efficiently. Typical training topics may include but are not limited to:
- ARMI (Stakeholder Analysis)
- Change Management
- Financial Analysis
- Goal Setting Process
- KPI, KRI, KCI Selection
- Lean Thinking
- Levels Theory & Requisite organisation
- Line Balancing; Load Balancing
- Managerial leadership programme (accountabilities, authorities, key practices) Management System Documentation
- Master Schedule / Capacity Scheduling
- Overall Process Effectiveness
- Process Mapping
- Risk Assessments
- Six Sigma
- Theory of Constraint
- Value Stream Mapping
- Waste Identification / Reduction
Team, accountabilities, clear goals, and mandates for information, data analysis, and communication will be developed and agreed.
To find out more about the En-Sync 8020 Business Consulting then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org